Android 6: MediaHouse won't save downloads to micro SD card.

Mr Interested

Apr 30, 2016, 12:50:34 PM4/30/16
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
MediaHouse won't save downloads to my micro SD card. When I try to type in my micro SD card path into settings, I get an error which claims that I am trying to use an invalid character. The full path I need to use is "/storage/8A96-6273/Videos". My guess is that MediaHouse does not like the"-" dash. All my other apps have no issues writting to my micro SD card. I can not remove the dash from my system.

Please fix MediaHouse so that it recognizes "-" as a valid character.

I am using Android 6.0

mr.int...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2017, 12:56:00 PM2/5/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
The latest update continues to have this very old bug.

I can not download files onto my phone due to this old software bug.

Diwakar Bhatia

Feb 7, 2017, 7:20:40 AM2/7/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application, mr.int...@gmail.com
I tested download on Android 6.0 for release 1.5.1.1 (latest one). By default downloads go to /storage/emulator/0/MediaHouse and are working fine.
Could you please try downloading on the phone's storage first.

PLEASE NOTE: You have to grant access to Media when prompted by the app via a dialog.

Thanks,
Diwakar

mr.int...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2017, 5:12:57 PM2/7/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application, mr.int...@gmail.com
Hello. I have no issues downloading to the default internal phone storage.

To be clear: I can Not download directly onto my micro SD card.

The problem is when I change the default download location in MediaHouse to point to my micro SD card, MediaHouse gives an error stating that it does not allow dash "-" in the path name .

Here are screenshots that explain what i just wrote above.

Note: I can Not rename the micro SD card and remove the "-". The only solution for this issue is for you to code your software such that it allows for the inclusion of "-" in the path name.

I hope that helps clarify this issue for you.

Thanks for your response.

Diwakar Bhatia

Feb 8, 2017, 12:47:21 AM2/8/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application, mr.int...@gmail.com

Thanks for the images. As they say "pictures are worth 1000 words". I understand the error now and will work to fix it.

Thanks
Diwakar