Mediahouse can no longer access network

ted.l...@bigpond.com

Apr 7, 2017, 10:47:28 PM4/7/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
Mediahouse @ Mediahouse Pro version1.5.2 can no longer access music files stored on a hard drive off a local modem. In the past has worked perfectly. Now when app is started the screen shows the output devices under play to, but will not show any files under play from. I am using a samsung galaxy Tab A version 6.0.1. I have other file explorer programs installed such as ES file explore and File Manager and both programs work well and can access the network and scan stored music files on the hard drive. I have uninstalled and reinstalled mediahouse, but still get the same result.when I click browse under the play from tab I recieve an error message that says - No active devices found or selected. Taking you to devices.Any assistance, advice or ideas would be greatfully appreciated. - TedL

Diwakar Bhatia

Apr 8, 2017, 6:51:12 AM4/8/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
Looks like Mediahouse has worked well once for you but no longer functions after you've connected hard disk to modem.

Let me clarify something here that Mediahouse never works with just network connected storage. For Mediahouse to see a network attached disk, there needs to be a mediaserver in between. Please install a mediaserver software on your modem, only then you'll see any "play from" devices. Twonky, minidlna, serviio etc are some of such software.

Thanks
Diwakar

ted.l...@bigpond.com

Apr 12, 2017, 2:13:46 AM4/12/17
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
Thanks for your reply, but there is more to the problem. Mediahouse has been working fine for about 6 months, mediahouse could access the hard drive connected to the modem and files could be selected and played. Now as soon I start the app it goes to screen that did not previously appear when the app started and this screen shows what can be played TO and gives you the option to select PLAY FROM, however through the inbuilt file browser, the network can not be seen, hence you can not access any music files on the the hard drive. Something has changed, the app previously worked fine. As I previously said I have other file browsers installed on the tablet and both files browser programs can access the hard drive connected to the modem and all the music files can seen. Regards TedL