Auto play of next song

Guy Gampell

Jun 10, 2015, 7:54:36 AM6/10/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com

Your MediaServer: Twonky running on a QNAP TS209PROII .  I am using MediaHouse on Android  platform (Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos phone).  running KitKat.

Hello, I emailed the following message on Monday to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com, I didn't get an answer to posting here. Really hoping for an answer from the developer or forum member

I am a "pro" user of MediaHouse, I have also tried and used many other similar apps to control the playback of my music collection from a NAS Server to various rendering devices in my home

My NAS server is a QNAP TS209PROII, and it is running Twonky Media Server. I have installed the latest firmware available for my NAS.  I have three different audio systems where I playback music in my home via DLNA/uPNP, but mainly I use Mediahouse to control playback via a Samsung SMART TV in our games room (the Samsung is the recognised rendering device) with the audio output of that Samsung connected to a nice Denon Hi Fi.

I have an issue with most other uPNP/DLNA media players (thankfully not with MediaHouse), in that when I browse music from "Folder" the tracks are shown in alphabetical order not track order, thankfully MediaHouse shows them in track order (THANK YOU!)

But I have a different and really annoying problem with MediaHouse that others (such as iMedia Share) do not suffer from, that is to say once I have selected a music folder to listen to and selected the first song, Media House only plays 1 song,  I cannot find a way of forcing it to advance to the next song,  since most of my music is CDs which I have ripped or albums which I have downloaded,  this is very important to me.,  I don't listen to "songs" individually, I "put on a CD" and listen to that, maybe I might occasionally skip a track

I have gone through all the settings but have failed to find any settings which enables MediaHouse to playback automatically song to song to song through the folder (in track order). For example I have "ticked"  Acquire Wake Lock., but the issue is the Queue is only 1 song long, so there is no next song in the Queue.  By comparison iMedia Share also only Queues one song but automatically advances to the next at end, I can't use it though because it only shows the songs in alphabetical order. Same with Mediamonkey.

Its driving me crazy, why you would want to have a CD (even a virtual CD) stop after every song.

BTW I will explain why I use Browse/Music/Folders, not browse to  artist or album, it is because I have low bit rate copies in one directory and FLAC lossless files in another, if I browse by Artist or Album I see every song twice,  but if I browse by folder I can directly just access the FLAC files or just access the MP3s according to what I need to do.

Guy

MTK

Mar 20, 2016, 12:04:45 PM3/20/16
to MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA Application
I don't know if you still have the problem - but others might have and search here for a solution. I did. And since nobody answered to your post, I tried to find the solution myself. After a lot of cursing I found it: Tap on the folder and hold it - then a menu will appear and if you select "find audio files" (or something like this - I have a german version), then it will play all audio files below this folder.