Can't find the way to use an external video player

Ran Chermesh

Feb 28, 2015, 8:17:46 AM2/28/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
Your MediaServer: 1.5.0

I've installed the free version of

MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA on my LG G2 (Android 4.4.2). I'm trying to transmit  movies, residing on a win7 system to a Samsung SmartTV.. The application identifies easily both my pc
and my tv. Still, it fails to process subtitles and some mkv videos.

Looks like using an external video player my be the cure.

MediaHouse documentation states that using external players option is available, but I fail to activate it. Hitting long on a video file (or on any other icon) fails to open a share window.

May it be that this option is available exclusively by the paid version? Or else, how do I implemet it?

media house

Feb 28, 2015, 10:07:35 AM2/28/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com

Mediahouse doesn't play video by itself but uses an external "app" installed on your LG G2 device. MXplayer app is a good option.

Now if you are talking about playing video on your Samsung TV then in "play to" devices select Samsung.

If some mkv movies are not playing on Samsung it could be because of profile settings on media server.

Thanks
Diwakar

Ran Chermesh

Mar 1, 2015, 10:57:55 AM3/1/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Diwakar,
I checked the "Choose video play app" and expected to see a list of alternative players. Instead, when I hit a name of a movie, the movie starts without letting me to choose.
What's wrong?

בתאריך יום שבת, 28 בפברואר 2015 בשעה 16:17:46 UTC+3, מאת Ran Chermesh:

Ran Chermesh

Mar 2, 2015, 1:26:56 AM3/2/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
Solved

Looks like the choice of a specific  video player is ke[t with the DATA of the application. In my case, the player kept in the data specification failed to show subtitles. CLEARING THE DATA deleted this specification and forced mediahouse to open the SHARE LIST. I chose MX PLAYER and the application flows like magic.
Thanks.

בתאריך יום ראשון, 1 במרץ 2015 בשעה 18:57:55 UTC+3, מאת Ran Chermesh:

Stephen R

Apr 21, 2015, 7:06:46 PM4/21/15
to mediahouse-u...@googlegroups.com
You can reset the "choose player" option in the settings... no need to clear the app data