please ... someone do this in java

ymo

Mar 16, 2016, 11:29:43 AM3/16/16
to mechanical-sympathy
http://rr-project.org

Its the ability to execute a program once and debug it multiple times without doing any code changes or class reloading.

Jimmy Jia

Mar 16, 2016, 11:39:55 AM3/16/16
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 11:29 AM ymo <ymol...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://rr-project.org

Its the ability to execute a program once and debug it multiple times without doing any code changes or class reloading.

Julien Nicoulaud

Mar 16, 2016, 11:40:53 AM3/16/16
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
I think this is pretty much the same thing:

http://rr-project.org

Its the ability to execute a program once and debug it multiple times without doing any code changes or class reloading.

Jimmy Jia

Mar 16, 2016, 11:42:03 AM3/16/16
to mechanical-sympathy
Jinx (:

Their list of related work is cool: https://github.com/mozilla/rr/wiki/Related-work

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 11:40:53 AM UTC-4, Julien Nicoulaud wrote:
I think this is pretty much the same thing:
http://rr-project.org

Its the ability to execute a program once and debug it multiple times without doing any code changes or class reloading.

ymo

Mar 16, 2016, 11:53:09 AM3/16/16
to mechanical-sympathy
Oh great missed that page !

Mind you rr seems way more advanced plus being open source and all !

marijan milicevic

Mar 16, 2016, 12:03:29 PM3/16/16
to mechanical-sympathy

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 4:53:09 PM UTC+1, ymo wrote:
Oh great missed that page !

Greg Young

Mar 16, 2016, 12:43:20 PM3/16/16
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com

While hating Microsoft has always been a sport, their edit and continue debugging is great (and had been around for over a decade)

Greg

On Mar 16, 2016 17:29, "ymo" <ymol...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://rr-project.org

Its the ability to execute a program once and debug it multiple times without doing any code changes or class reloading.

ymo

Mar 16, 2016, 12:49:48 PM3/16/16
to mechanical-sympathy
From an ide point of view no one ever come close to msvc .. until recently. Jetbrains products are coming very close however and it runs on multiple platforms.

Having said that rr is light years ahead of what msvc ever did in terms of debugging. You cant go back in history in msvc unless i missed something since i moved to java !

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 12:43:20 PM UTC-4, Greg Young wrote:

While hating Microsoft has always been a sport, their edit and continue debugging is great (and had been around for over a decade)

Greg

On Mar 16, 2016 17:29, "ymo" <ymol...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://rr-project.org

Its the ability to execute a program once and debug it multiple times without doing any code changes or class reloading.

Greg Young

Mar 16, 2016, 1:14:20 PM3/16/16
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
"You cant go back in history in msvc unless i missed something since i
moved to java !"

You can for limited places quite easily.

where the current instruction marker is shown in the left bucket click
it and drag it up to another line of code.
>>> email to mechanical-symp...@googlegroups.com.
>
> --

Studying for the Turing test

Frank Hsueh

Mar 16, 2016, 1:27:42 PM3/16/16
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
visual studio has had intellitrace with historical debugging, for quite some time

only for .NET

cool toy.

Frank Hsueh | frank...@gmail.com

Rajiv Kurian

Mar 16, 2016, 2:27:47 PM3/16/16
to mechanical-sympathy
Not an answer but once you use rr it's tough to go back to anything else :)