Introductory presentation about Mechanical Sympathy / Low level JVM details

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

Aug 10, 2016, 1:39:59 AM8/10/16
to mechanical-sympathy
Hell all,

There seems to have been a couple of requests lately about "how to get started" on the list. It just happens that tomorrow I'm giving a 90 minute talk to the local JUG (http://www.transylvania-jug.org/) about this same topic.

Here are my slides - hopefully people find it useful as a starting point: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1azqLjBh2U0V5_-w_SXi6vDC8uiRq6VNW1s_-2B2Kho4/edit?usp=sharing

Of course this is a huge topic and can't be really covered in any depth in 90 minutes (probably a 5-day workshop is better), but I'll do my best. Also, if anyone has feedback, it is most warmly welcome!

Cheers,
Attila

Shahbaz Chaudhary

Sep 26, 2016, 8:34:43 PM9/26/16
to mechanical-sympathy
Wow, what a great slide deck. Please tell me this was recorded. If not, you should record the talk just to put up on youtube. Or perhaps a set of videos, equaling a 5-day workshop :)

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

Oct 3, 2016, 3:15:27 PM10/3/16
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately it was not recorded. I
did shortened and adapted version at the YAPC::EU Perl conference
which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2RXJzWnyI

And I'll also be doing a somewhat modified version at the end of
November at http://itdays.ro/ (30 minutes, more practical with a lot
of benchmarks - at least as many as I can fit in 30 minutes -
https://github.com/gpanther/itdays-2016-cpu-workshop) which hopefully
will also be recorded and published sometimes later.

Regards,
Attila