http client

Francesco Nigro

May 27, 2015, 2:52:30 AM5/27/15
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
Hi to everyone!

I'm searching for an http client library "mechanichal sympathy" minded..
All the libraries i've found seems to work too much with String, are declarated having low overhead on CPU but use tons of threads,passing more time dealing with contention in provide a connection from their pool then processing the actual requests...Generate too much garbage for every requests..i'm scared about them...i fear that if i choose them in production i'll risk to pass more time dealing on doing every kind of violence to allow the lib to fullfill my needs than write the code necessary on the core problem...
And the new "asynchronous by ALL meanings" fashion? Argh...The new libraries (or rewritten in order to follow this strange old/new idea)?! There are a lot of use case in which a programmer want to manage this kind of things alone...without any help...but don't worry...if you want to wait..the library could let you generate some kind of promise/future/<insert what you don't expect in a real async lib>, generating new garbage,pollute your cache,context-switching your path of execution...so you can finally wait.:)
For half of this post i'm obviosly joking...but..really..someone know a good ,simple (as long as strange protocol like http allows..) http client lib that likes to the JVMs ad much as the hardware (generic term..i know..)?

Thanks to all the people in this blog,
Every day you give me something new and interesting to learn :)

Francesco

Mindaugas Žakšauskas

May 27, 2015, 10:18:08 AM5/27/15
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

One of the nice features is the interceptor (https://github.com/square/okhttp/wiki/Interceptors) which you can insert at any app or network level.
Not sure if it fits your definition of "mechanical sympathy" but definitely worth a try.

m.