Question about JNI Developments

Mohan Radhakrishnan

Aug 24, 2017, 6:05:51 AM8/24/17
to mechanical-sympathy
Hi,
        I have a question about the current state of JNI to access C# DLL's. We are going to write a C++ layer and access C# code that loads the EHLLLAPI DLL(https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEQ5Y_5.9.0/com.ibm.pcomm.doc/books/html/emulator_programming07.htm#Header_17)

This is to access IBM  emulators for screen scraping. Since the EHLLAPI DLL is 32-bit I have a C# 64-bit process to load it because I use a 64-bit JVM.

Is JNI still used like this with a C++ layer to connect to C# DLL's? The only difference here I know is JNA.

I thought since this is a forum that deals with low-level stuff it may have some ideas. We haven't even thought of performance issues yet.

Thanks,
Mohan