Double HdrHistogram encoding

clifford goldberg

Aug 2, 2016, 3:14:39 AM8/2/16
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am using HdrHistogram to record the rate of messages/second, using a combination of, SingleWriterDoubleRecorder (to record double values) and HistogramLogWriter for outputting the encoded histogram (as is done in jhiccup).
What I've observed, is that I get different results from using the above combination, as opposed to using the DoubleHistogram directly. The encoded version, does not seem to honour the, 'outputValueUnitScalingRatio'.

Histogram scales the values before being output by the 'outputValueUnitScalingRatio'. Is there a way to make the HistogramLogWriter do the same?

Am I missing something? should I be using something other than HistogramLogWriter to output the encoded double histogram?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clifford

Gil Tene

Aug 8, 2016, 12:20:19 PM8/8/16