How to recompile native JDK code (C/C++) and deploy on my JVM? (SocketDispatcher.java)

J Crawford

Apr 12, 2017, 1:31:24 AM4/12/17
to mechanical-sympathy
Hello,

I'm trying to understand what happens inside the SocketDispatcher native method "write0". I want to make some experiments with it therefore I would like to learn how to recompile and debug native methods from the JDK on Linux. That's a knowledge I find important to have (i.e. change JDK native code).

Any genius would know how to do that?

Basically I would like to know:

1. Where is the C/C++ code for write0 for Linux?
2. How do I recompile (gcc command-line?) the C/C++ code for write0 on Linux?
3. How do I start my JVM and make it use my new compiled native code for write0 on Linux?

Thanks!

-JC

Avi Kivity

Apr 12, 2017, 3:36:15 AM4/12/17
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com, J Crawford

It is probably better to ask this on a jdk oriented mailing list, and not on a list which at list nominally is devoted to mechanical sympathy.

Martijn Verburg

Apr 12, 2017, 4:47:07 AM4/12/17
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com, J Crawford
Hi JC,

Go to openjdk.java.net and join the adoption-discuss mailing list - it's pretty much the place for folks new to OpenJDK tinkering :-).   I help run that group, so look forward to your mail there :-).

Cheers,
Martijn