[Simple Binary Encoding] How to generate xml schemas for other version of FIX.

Bryan H

Nov 21, 2015, 11:14:18 AM11/21/15
to mechanical-sympathy
Hello,

I'd like to use Simple Binary Encoding for FIX messages.  The remote servers I have to connect to, unfortunately, are using FIX 4.2 and FIX 4.4.  I have found this sample based on FIX 5.2, and this sample based on FIX 5SP2.

Is there any way I can use the SBE libraries to auto-generate the xml schemas required by SBE but for other versions of FIX?

Thanks!

Martin Thompson

Nov 21, 2015, 11:20:32 AM11/21/15
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
SBE is a binary encoding. It was introduced to cope with the increasing volumes of market data. The older FIX standards, such as 4.2 and 4.4, are ASCII text encodings and not supported by SBE.

Martin...

Bryan Hernandez

Nov 21, 2015, 11:22:40 AM11/21/15
to mechanica...@googlegroups.com
Ah ok.  Thanks for the clarification, Martin.

Bryan