Dover - Folkestone rail replacement bus service

DRH

Dec 30, 2015, 12:11:43 PM12/30/15
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup

Ken Lansdowne

Dec 30, 2015, 1:14:02 PM12/30/15
to mdekb...@googlegroups.com
Plenty of work for the local rail replacement contractors for the next few months.
--
Ken Lansdowne
The M&D & East Kent Bus Club www.mdekbusclub.org.uk

Neil Bays

Dec 30, 2015, 1:14:02 PM12/30/15
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
From Monday 4th January the bus service will run from Folkestone West to Dover as the buses can be better managed from there. The train service will still terminate at Folkestone Central.

I would imagine a variety of companies will be contracted to work the replacements.
Since the christmas break companies such as Travelmasters and Ensign have been operating.

Any updates and I will endeavour to post here.

Neil B

noisynoel

Dec 30, 2015, 3:19:33 PM12/30/15
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
Carol Peters & YMS featured yesterday.

michael cockett

Dec 31, 2015, 1:02:24 AM12/31/15
to mdekb...@googlegroups.com

Although  the article is dated 29 December, there were pictures on the South Eastern web-site on Christmas Eve when the Railway was first closed and replacement bus services operated. I suspect the major independents are involved in the Three Bridges/Gatwick – East Grinstead Work at the moment.

Michael

Jan 1, 2016, 2:42:42 PM1/1/16
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
According to posts elsewhere, the "Southern" area work is being carried out by operators appropriate to that area: a number of London companies, Crawley operators and Lucketts of Fareham.

There is also local rail replacement in SE London covering the "Charing Cross" work, which is where I imagine Go Ahead London are working: at least one vehicle (PVL) was heading back light along the A2/A102 last night showing "Rail Replacement Service" on the blinds.

Of course, GAL have their outstation at Sittingbourne, which may explain the back-end of a 'decker in Chatham on Monday evening, presumably working the service covering the power failure at Rochester.

Chris

On Thursday, 31 December 2015 06:02:24 UTC, harley shute 22 wrote:

Although  the article is dated 29 December, there were pictures on the South Eastern web-site on Christmas Eve when the Railway was first closed and replacement bus services operated. I suspect the major independents are involved in the Three Bridges/Gatwick – East Grinstead Work at the moment.

Michael

[...]

michael cockett

Jan 1, 2016, 5:58:33 PM1/1/16
to mdekb...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Chris

Travelmasters have dealt with BML work before as I passed one of their vehicles on the way to an SEC meeting.

However I note on Sunday that there are Rail Replacements  between Strood/Meopham and Rainham and between Ashford and Dover. So I presume Go-Ahead have utilised them on this work and cover for any South Eastern work that is required in an emergency during the holiday period.

Michael.

.

Jan 1, 2016, 6:32:36 PM1/1/16
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
Thanks Michael

GoAhead co-ordinate all the rail replacement work for SouthEastern, so arrange cover using any available operator.
This means that direct participation by GoAhead London can occur at any time, irrespective of what is happening anywhere else.

Derek J

On Friday, 1 January 2016 22:58:33 UTC, harley shute 22 wrote:

Thanks Chris

Travelmasters have dealt with BML work before as I passed one of their vehicles on the way to an SEC meeting.

However I note on Sunday that there are Rail Replacements  between Strood/Meopham and Rainham and between Ashford and Dover. So I presume Go-Ahead have utilised them on this work and cover for any South Eastern work that is required in an emergency during the holiday period.

Michael.

.

kentishphil

Jan 2, 2016, 10:03:48 AM1/2/16
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
I did not realise that Go Ahead had an outstation in Sittingbourne, they have another O/S at St Mary Cray. With vehicles allocated, I found out after Googling !!

Anyone know where the depot is in Sittingbourne?

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 11:32:36 PM UTC, Group_owner wrote:
[...]

michael cockett

Jan 2, 2016, 2:36:41 PM1/2/16
to mdekb...@googlegroups.com

…………….And the one at Eastbourne, although not used for Rail Replacement work.

Michael

DBJ

Jan 2, 2016, 2:36:42 PM1/2/16
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
When the line was closed for several weeks during summer 2009 for changes to allow the High Speed service to operate, Go-Ahead based their buses at Poynter's depot in Wye. Curious that the current outstations do not appear on the 'VOSA' (TAN) website (although at least one of the listed transport managers has been dead for some time, so the website is not wholly up to date).

Go Ahead, Travelmasters and YMS all running today. It might not be so easy once the schools go back next week.

Tim Raffield

Jan 2, 2016, 6:12:06 PM1/2/16
to mdekb...@googlegroups.com
I gather Go Ahead London have also recently in the last couple of months had a couple of buses outstationed at Aylesham.

To: "Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup" <mdekb...@googlegroups.com>
Jan 3, 2016, 6:59:05 AM1/3/16
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
Your last sentence is so true

Neil Gow

Jan 3, 2016, 4:49:52 PM1/3/16
to Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup
What are YMS using? Any Leyland Olympians?

Thanks, Neil.

Tim Raffield

Jan 3, 2016, 5:47:29 PM1/3/16
to mdekb...@googlegroups.com
All of the YMS Olympians K824TKP, K825TKP, L213TWM, N761JNO and N694JNO were out on the Ashford to Dover rail replacement today (Sunday 3rd January), although this was a pre-planned job advertised before the Folkestone to Dover closure occurred last week.

Crosskeys former Metrobus Scania Omnidekka and former Dublin Volvo B7TL, as well as a Buzzlines Trident, and some coaches from Crosskeys, Carol Peters and YMS were also involved on this seen in service today.

because you are subscribed to the Google
Coach Newsgroup" group.
email to mdekb...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/group/mdekbusclub.
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message
because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Invicta Bus & Coach Newsgroup" group.

n.ki...@btinternet.com

Jan 11, 2016, 12:55:09 PM1/11/16
to mdekb...@googlegroups.com
Full details of the Sittingbourne site have been published in Invicta.

Nicholas King