Snowy Egret at Mt. Calvert

Fred Shaffer

Apr 23, 2018, 8:37:05 PM4/23/18
to Maryland & DC Birding
I went kayaking along the Patuxent River after work today, starting at Jackson Landing and going north along the river. The highlight was a Snowy Egret in the marsh off Mt. Calvert. Also of note were lots of yellowlegs, my first Spotted Sandpiper of the year, lots of noisy Laughing Gulls, the usual Ospreys and Bald Eagles and one Horned Grebe. Also present were a half dozen or so Forster's Terns and a few Caspian Terns. I heard few passerines perhaps due to the wind, which picked up while I was out. Good birding.

Fred Shaffer
Crofton, Anne Arundel