Oak Grove Area 9/25 and 9/26

Lovelace, Glen (DelDOT)

Sep 26, 2016, 11:36:30 AM9/26/16
to mdbi...@googlegroups.com, de-b...@princeton.edu

Good morning,

                Up until this weekend, fall migration at Oak Grove had been monotonous – Redstart, Parula, Black-and-white, Yellowthroat with a few Magnolia and Chestnut-Sided.  Some days I had numbers of these, but could not find any of the less common warblers or vireos.

Finally had a small breakthrough yesterday (9/25) when I found a pretty male Blackburnian Warbler and a vocalizing Blue-headed Vireo along Horseshoe Rd (DE).  9 warbler sp. total (inc. FOS Palm (a western) and Yellow-rump).

Today (9/26) there was a very nice mixed flock on North Oak Grove Rd (DE) in the vicinity of the Mason-Dixon marker south of Kinder.  Among numerous Redstart, B&W and Parula were 2 immature male Cape Mays, an adult male Black-throated Blue and another western Palm.  Also a squeaking Rose-breasted Grosbeak.  Around the corner on Kinder (MD), I found more Cape May (5 total for the day) and another pair of BTB.

Good birding,

Glen Lovelace III

Seaford, DE