Tundra swans

Rachael Ray

Dec 10, 2017, 10:45:26 AM12/10/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
This time last year there were already Tundra Swans on Tar Bay, but we haven't seen any yet this year. Has anyone spotted them elsewhere?

Marcia Watson

Dec 10, 2017, 11:34:34 AM12/10/17
to Rachael Ray, Maryland & DC Birding
I've had flyovers at several spots since early November, and others have reported them as well. Last week, there were a couple hundred TUSW visible from Perryville Community Park, at the head of the bay in Cecil County, and many more could be heard from farther south in the bay - probably off of the southern part of Cecil and northern Kent, near the mouth of the Sassafras River.

Marcia
-------------
Marcia Watson
Patuxent Bird Club
A Chapter of the Maryland Ornithological Society

Bowie, Maryland

On Dec 10, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Rachael Ray <rachaelan...@gmail.com> wrote:

This time last year there were already Tundra Swans on Tar Bay, but we haven't seen any yet this year. Has anyone spotted them elsewhere?

Hugh Vandervoort

Dec 10, 2017, 7:06:20 PM12/10/17
to Rachael Ray, Maryland & DC Birding
I've seen them at Thomas point and Blackwater.
Annapolis, MD
My Birding Blog
http://hughvandervoort.com/

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Rachael Ray
<rachaelan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This time last year there were already Tundra Swans on Tar Bay, but we haven't seen any yet this year. Has anyone spotted them elsewhere?

Rachael Ray

Dec 15, 2017, 8:42:53 AM12/15/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 10:45:26 AM UTC-5, Rachael Ray wrote:
> This time last year there were already Tundra Swans on Tar Bay, but we haven't seen any yet this year. Has anyone spotted them elsewhere?

Update: A pair are swimming off the end of our yard for the first time this season, spotted this morning. Tar Bay/ Swan Harbor.

Rachael Ray

Dec 15, 2017, 4:52:01 PM12/15/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 10:45:26 AM UTC-5, Rachael Ray wrote:
> This time last year there were already Tundra Swans on Tar Bay, but we haven't seen any yet this year. Has anyone spotted them elsewhere?

And, the rest of them are here now, too!