Red-Necked Grebe at Thomas Point Park

Bird couple

Feb 25, 2015, 9:34:28 AM2/25/15
to Mdbi...@googlegroups.com
In AA County. Almost due south off point, 250 to 300 yards out.

Road into park is passable but icy, good tires recommended.

Also huge rafts of scaup, canvasback etc close in with virtually no wind.

Warren Strobel
Annapolis

Sent from my iPhone

jugbayjs

Feb 25, 2015, 9:52:57 AM2/25/15
to mdbi...@googlegroups.com, Mdbi...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 9:34:28 AM UTC-5, Warren & Lisa Strobel (Birdcouple) wrote:
> In AA County... Also huge rafts of scaup, canvasback etc close in...

Would be good op to look for a Tufted. There are many reports now to our north, and there's good chance of finding one here or elsewhere in MD now.

Jeff Shenot
Croom MD

Phil Davis

Feb 25, 2015, 12:05:20 PM2/25/15
to MDbirding
... and also look for Common Scoter (the Eurasian equivalent of our
Black Scoter). The first one for North America has finally shown up,
however, it was found in California waters, rather than in the
Canadian Maritimes or the northeast US. I would have lost money on that bet ...

Phil
Phil Davis Davidsonville, Maryland USA
mailto:PDa...@ix.netcom.com