Bobolink Southern AA County

已查看 27 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

jovet

未读,
2016年5月3日 21:06:292016/5/3
收件人 mdbi...@googlegroups.com
At about 7 this evening we saw a flock of approximately 40 Bobolink in the alfalfa field next to Mount Zion United Methodist Church.   That is located on Bayard Road (Rt. 422) near the traffic circle/intersection with Rt. 2 (Old Solomon's Island Road), Anne Arundel County.

In years past, Bobolink have stayed in this field for days/week or so once arrived, especially when it is in alfalfa.

If you go, remember this is a WORKING farm, and this is a cash crop - please stay out of the fields!  Also, in the past, some of the farm workers here seemed to dislike or be suspicious of my motives when I was scanning for birds.   Please be discrete and avoid appearing to be scoping/scanning the barns and home, if at all possible.

Best place to view is from the parking lot at the church, although early in the morning the school buses like to park there between pick-ups.

Joanne

Joanne Howl, DVM
West River, MD
回复全部