Cerulean Warbler at Cromwell

Matt Hafner

Aug 17, 2017, 4:27:20 PM8/17/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
Tim Carney reports an adult male Cerulean Warbler at Cromwell Valley Park on the blue trail by box #9.

 Great bird!

Matt Hafner
Forest Hill, MD

Tim Carney

Aug 17, 2017, 5:46:34 PM8/17/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
Thanks for posting, Matt!

Ultimately I did not relocate the bird after only getting two brief but diagnostic views. Both times it was across the dry streambed at bluebird box #9. The birds were moving in and out in waves. Most of them were silent, and it was breezy, which made it hard to detect movement in the upper levels of the trees.

Oh well. I hope someone relocates it and gets photos!

Tim Carney
Parkville/Towson, MD

Tim Houghton

Aug 17, 2017, 8:22:35 PM8/17/17
to Maryland & DC Birding, Tim Carney
Great find at Cromwell. I'm not surprised, not too much. CERW can show up lots of places, more than one might think. It would be the first ever eBird report for Cromwell, I believe. I'd be surprised if it sticks around for any length of time, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning.

Tim Houghton
(Glen Arm)