Three ospreys at Lake Kittamaqundi, Columbia

Clayton Koonce

Apr 26, 2017, 2:28:45 PM4/26/17
to Maryland & DC Birding

This seemed to be an unusual number of ospreys for this location. I recall seeing a report of a pair at nearby Wilde Lake recently and thought I had a pair today at Lake Kittamaqundi before I realized a third was present. I often see one at the lake during osprey season -- three was a surprise. (Also posted on the MD Birding Facebook page.)

Here is my eBird report with some photos and details:

Today is Audubon's birthday, so this walk was appropriately interesting.

Clayton
member, Howard County Bird Club