Lincoln Monument birds, 10/17

Jim Felley

Oct 18, 2017, 8:29:56 AM10/18/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
I took a lunchtime walk around the DC Mall yesterday to see what had been blown in/out by the cold front. Here are the highlights of what I saw
Tidal Basin:
(3) Caspian terns flying around the basin, a group of Double-crested cormorants fishing by the bridge to the Washington Channel and a Great Blue Heron by the hump-back bridge to the Potomac.
FDR Memorial
A flock of Ruby-crowned kinglets and Yellow-rumped warblers by the entrance to the memorial
DC Veteran's Memorial
Some newly arrived White-throated sparrows
Constitution Gardens
More White-throated sparrows, and yet more Northern Shovellers in the pond (over a dozen now), and a couple of new arrivals: A male Gadwall and a pair of Ring-necked ducks

Jim

Jim Felley
Gaithersburg, MD