Hawk-watching forecast?

Janet Millenson

Sep 24, 2016, 4:57:06 PM9/24/16
to mdbirding

Is there likely to be decent hawk-watching at Washington Monument tomorrow (Sunday)? The forecast is for cooler temps and a light breeze from the north/northeast.

Janet Millenson
Potomac, MD (Montgomery County)
ja...@twocrows.com
"Look at the birds!" -- Pascal the parrot

JAMES SPEICHER

Sep 25, 2016, 2:16:23 PM9/25/16
to Janet Millenson, mdbirding
Late response:

I would say YES, but won't be able to get up there myself & haven't
visited for the entire season so far. For recent reports you would
normally want to check out:

http://hawkcount.org/day_summary.php?rsite=279&go=Go+to+site

but I see that the latest entry was for 9/3/16. Don't know what's up
with that...I will contact Paul Newton and report back...

If you go, check out the "whiteboard" at the parking area adjacent to
the MON trail, which may be more up-to-date.

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County
WA Co. MOS member