Silver Spring birding Sep 25

Rob Hilton

Sep 25, 2016, 5:28:54 PM9/25/16
to mdbi...@googlegroups.com
Nothing special to report.  This afternoon we were at the storm retention ponds along Dennis Avenue and found 4 Eastern Phoebes, 1 each Red-tailed and Red-shouldered Hawk, Blue Jay feathers from a predation event, and a passel of dragonfly species.  We then went to Evans Parkway Neighborhood Park (which is an eBird hotspot) and saw a close Northern Waterthrush and a slightly more distant western Palm Warbler in/along the stream that flows through the eastern portion of the park near Bucknell Drive.

Rob Hilton
Silver Spring

Patricia Wood

Sep 25, 2016, 6:10:38 PM9/25/16
to Maryland & DC Birding
Good for you for adding more species to the Evans Parkway Park list. The Md. Park & Planning folks are very pleased that birders are going there, I've been told. Hopefully in time we will make an impressive list for this really small area of native plants, meadow, and wetland, so as to encourage the powers that be to daylight more steams this way. It's only a little over a year old, and it has won an award for its eco friendly design, already; now to prove the birds agree!

Patricia Wood
Silver Spring