OT (with permission): Canon SX50 Photo Editing Software

Joel Martin

Jun 19, 2017, 11:32:38 AM6/19/17
to mdbi...@googlegroups.com
Like many of you on this list, I use a Canon SX50 in the field. When I bought the camera in 2013, the included software package was compatible with Windows 8/XP/Vista. Now that I've (finally) upgraded to a Windows 10 machine the software will no longer load. Has anyone else dealt with this issue, and can you recommend a solution? I went to the Canon website but couldn't find a Windows 10 compatible version. I may have to upgrade to a higher level editing program, but I'd rather not have to deal with that in the short term. Thanks for any advice.

Joel Martin
Catonsville MD

Sent from my iPad
Message has been deleted

Clayton Koonce

Jun 23, 2017, 8:47:51 AM6/23/17
to Maryland & DC Birding

Reposting this reply after I deleted it -- I wasn't sure whether uploading photos was part of the editing software issue...

I'm interested in seeing what others say for a solution or explanation, and I'll add details about my own camera/computer set-up. This is worrisome to me, because I assumed that one could hook any camera to any computer and upload. First, my main birding camera is the Canon SX60, the upgrade of the SX50 and bought in early 2015. I upload from it to a Windows 10 computer with a USB cable. Since my camera is newer, I guess compatibility with Windows 10 is not an issue, but let me add that I occasionally upload photos from a 2011 subcompact Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS and a 2005 Canon PowerShot S2 IS also through the USB without any problems.