another rose-breasted grosbeak and more

blueheron05

May 4, 2016, 8:54:06 AM5/4/16
to Maryland & DC Birding
A male RB grosbeak spent the day at our feeder yesterday. Not satisfied with emptying one tube he came back to work on another this morning.
While I was taking his picture, I noticed an osprey dive bombing a tree behind the feeder. Looking more closely we saw the adult bald eagle perched there. The osprey drove him away. This morning we had an immature bald eagle in the same tree -- two ospreys (not the one still sitting on the nest across the creek) drove this one away. Not bad for back-yard birding!
This is in Pasadena, MD, on suburban Wharf Creek, a tributary of the Bodkin.
IMG_1053.jpg