Nice Rusty Blackbirds at Buddy Attick (P.G. County)

Patricia Wood

Jan 15, 2017, 9:31:57 PM1/15/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
I took a walk around Buddy Attick Lake this afternoon; very nice birdy place. The best birds were the 8 rusty blackbirds I saw on the near shore turning over leaves in the water's edge. They let you get quite close.

Patricia Wood
Silver Spring

Wen Lin

Jan 16, 2017, 9:30:05 AM1/16/17
to Maryland & DC Birding

Pat,

which area the rusty black birds were spotted? Could you provide more specifically please?

Wen Lin
Silver Spring

Patricia Wood

Jan 16, 2017, 10:24:29 AM1/16/17
to Maryland & DC Birding

When you get there, park, and go down the gravel path straight to the lake; there are trees and bushes right on the edge of the lake, some with branches trailing over into the water. That's the place. This is off 201 then Crescent - if there is another parking lot, I don't know about it, tho I think you can access the lake trail from streets around it too.

I learned about the rusties from the MD Birding Facebook page--some very nice videos of them have been posted there in the last couple of months.

Patricia Wood (please not Pat--lots of Patricias go by that, but not me)

Wen Lin

Jan 17, 2017, 8:36:57 AM1/17/17
to Maryland & DC Birding
On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 9:31:57 PM UTC-5, Patricia Wood wrote:

Thanks Pat for the information. Will find a time to go there this weekend.

Wen
Silver Spring

Marcia Watson

Jan 17, 2017, 8:39:08 AM1/17/17
to Wen Lin, Maryland & DC Birding
FYI Buddy Attick Lake is also known as Greenbelt Lake and may be so marked on maps.

Marcia