Light morph Rough-Legged at Konterra Rd in PG County

Andy Beiderman

Feb 26, 2015, 9:44:40 PM2/26/15
to mdbi...@googlegroups.com
Tim Carney found (somehow) a light morph Rough-Legged Hawk at the Konterra Rd. location. It was very far out, alongside the highway on the complete opposite side from the metal gate by the end of Van Dusen Rd. It was just barely a light speck in binoculars, but was clear in the scope and some terrible long distance photos can show the dark belly. I was not lucky enough to see any of the Short-eared Owls that have been there on and off, but I was glad Tim came along and found the RLHA.

Andy Beiderman
Baltimore, MD