error message: Java heap space

Mithoefer, Klaus

Jun 19, 2009, 8:14:52 AM6/19/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,
I have a problem running maxent. I use 19 bioclim layer plus elevation for Africa (10 m resolution) for the model but shuts down with the following message while reading the files:

Please refer to help button: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

What do I do?

Best wishes,
Klaus

Klaus Mithöfer
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Officer
icipe - International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology
P.O. Box 30772 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya
Phone: +254-20-8632000, Extn. 2147
Fax: +254-20-8632001/2
Mobile: +254-724-308404
E-Mail: kmith...@icipe.org
web: www.icipe.org

This position is supported by German development cooperation //
Centre for international Migration and Development - http://www.cimonline.de/en/index.asp

Klaus.m...@cimonline.de

Jonathan Koch

Jun 19, 2009, 9:16:40 AM6/19/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Which file are you using to run MaxEnt?
--
Jonathan B. Koch
Department of Biology

Mithoefer, Klaus

Jun 19, 2009, 9:43:22 AM6/19/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com

I use the 10 Minute resolution bioclim (Worldclim.org) data as Ascii grids, clipped for Africa. The 19 bioclim layer work alone, the DEM also with one Bioclim layer. But all of them (20 layer) seems to be too much…

Alvar Carranza

Jun 19, 2009, 9:50:08 AM6/19/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
run the .bat instead of the ,jar. This solves the problem
--
Msc. Alvar Carranza
UNDECIMAR

B. Miller

Jun 19, 2009, 10:00:05 AM6/19/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have my batch mode set up and running species now so each writes to
species specific directories.

What I have yet to be able to do is suppress the display of he
Java-MaxEnt display on screen when running.
I can minimize but as soon as it reaches the next species run it pops up
again.

What is the batch flag to suppress the display?
Tnx

Bruce

Jonathan Koch

Jun 19, 2009, 10:21:00 AM6/19/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Actually which MaxEnt program file are you using? the maxent.bat or the maxent.jar. If you are using the .jar file try using the .bat instead.

Peter Wilson

Jun 19, 2009, 11:24:21 PM6/19/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Bruce,

The flag is -z which must be used in conjunction with the autorun flag -a. That is, you will need to use -a -z. Note that a summary of batch command options appears in a table at the end of the help screen in MaxEnt.

Peter Wilson

Dr Peter D. Wilson
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Biological Sciences
Macquarie University, New South Wales, Australia 2109
Email: pwi...@bio.mq.edu.au
>>> "B. Miller" <bats...@hughes.net> 06/20/09 12:02 AM >>>

Mithoefer, Klaus

Jun 22, 2009, 2:56:34 AM6/22/09
to Max...@googlegroups.com
That's it! Thanks to all for assistance!

Klaus

Aug 21, 2016, 9:16:26 AM8/21/16
to Maxent, Max...@googlegroups.com, kmith...@icipe.org

Hello,

Could someone to help me to fix this trouble?

I tried to run the modeling with using mask (projection layers)

So, I've got error message:

"Please refer to help button: java.Iang.OutOfMemoryError. Java heap space"

I run .bat file. I tried to give java more memory (from 512M to 1300M), as described in the “help” section of MaxEnt. It didn't help anyway.

Regards, Alexander

ошибка_ява.JPG