2 errors when using the Explain Tool: java error and "species_explain" Windows batch file missing

vgca...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 9:06:17 AM10/16/17
to Maxent
Dear all,

I am running Maxent 3.4.1 to study the distribution of a species in relation to certain environmental variables. I would like to use the "Explain" tool to investigate how Maxent’s prediction is determined by the env. variables across the study area. I followed the tutorial, but I get the following error when using the command: java –cp D:\Maxent\maxent.jar density.Explain D:\Maxent\Outputs\J_01\species_avg.asc D:\Maxent\new_ASCII_envlayers

Error message: "no se ha encontrado o cargado la clase principal ?cp" (or in English: "main class ?cp is not found or loaded")
My Java version is updated.

Besides, the "species_explain" Windows batch file is not being created in the Output folder despite the fact that I am running additive models and the "write plot data" option is checked.

Any inputs would be really helpful!

Thanks in advance

Victoria