use land use and occupancy data in niche modelling

M Mf

Apr 21, 2017, 9:32:26 AM4/21/17
to Maxent
Dear colleagues,

In my niche modeling work I intend to use land use and occupancy data, as this may limit the occurrence of my specimens throughout my geographic territory. Do colleagues find this idea pertinent? I do not know if I present one model with use and occupation and another without, for comparison purposes. What do you colleagues think?

Hugs.

Jamie M. Kass

Apr 23, 2017, 9:53:44 PM4/23/17
to Maxent
I don't see why you can't include the land use in the model as a categorical variable. And what kind of data is this "occupancy" data? Can you explain?

M Mf

May 2, 2017, 2:07:50 PM5/2/17
to Maxent
Dear Jamie,

I have a file of use and occupation of the soil made by IBGE Brazi - Use and occupation since it is based on the use and occupation of land for agriculture in Brazil.

Hugs.

Marília

Jamie M. Kass

May 9, 2017, 1:10:23 AM5/9/17
to Maxent
Can you please rephrase what the question is? It seems like you want to compare two kinds of variables as predictors for your model. Please clarify.