Command line output for projections

Donald Catanzaro

Apr 8, 2018, 12:14:50 PM4/8/18
to Maxent
Good Day All,

When using the command line and projecting to another set of environmental layers (e.g. using java -cp maxent.jar density.Project lambdaFile gridDir outFile), it appears that the output is the raw format?

In order to view it as a 'logistic' output I need to transform it using the formula in the manual logistic = raw * exp(entropy) / (1 + raw * exp(entropy))seeded with entropy from the original lambdaFile

Is that correct?

Jamie M. Kass

Apr 22, 2018, 2:30:46 PM4/22/18
to Maxent
That is strange if it indeed is raw. I am pretty sure though that there is an “output” parameter that you can set equal to “logistic”, etc. It is this way in the dismo package in R, which just calls Java directly with command-line code. You could check out the source code for dismo::project to see how it’s done I suppose.

Jamie