Pythonic Implementation of Maxent

Amruth Kiran

Jan 4, 2018, 2:47:19 AM1/4/18
to Maxent
Greetings!

I was wondering if there was a Pythonic implementation of the Maxent Source available, if not, how would I go about building it?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Jamie M. Kass

Jan 4, 2018, 3:15:33 AM1/4/18
to Maxent
Not that I’m aware of. If you wanted to write one yourself, the new version 3.4.1 is open source with implementations in both Java and R, so you could examine that code and write one for Python I guess. Can I ask why though? Wouldn’t it be a lot less work to simply write Python code to call the Java program?

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate
City College of NY

Amruth Kiran

Feb 18, 2018, 12:29:10 PM2/18/18
to Maxent
Yes, I have come to that conclusion too. Although I would have preferred a single raw language implementation, embedding the Java program would in fact be easier.
Thank you for your kind suggestion Jamie.