Maxent in R: Instruction

Arta

Apr 18, 2017, 11:54:00 AM4/18/17
to Maxent
Dear maxent user,

After using jar file for a long time, I want to run maxent in r for the first time, I've done every step and get the result, but just as a 1 replicate. I need an instruction or something like that to show me how to set the arguments.
Is it necessary to use 'maxent' package or 'dismo' is enough to getting results? does the new version (3.4) need the additional setting?
It would be really appreciated someone one get me commands step by step for avoiding any fault!
Many thanks;

--Arta

Jamie M. Kass

Apr 21, 2017, 9:35:51 AM4/21/17
to Maxent
The "maxent" package is not for ecological modeling, so don't use it. The package "dismo" implements the Java version of Maxent, and there is a nice vignette that should get you started. Type vignette("dismo"). An easier implementation is in a package I work on called "ENMeval". The call to Maxent using ENMeval takes many less arguments than maxent() in "dismo" and lets you iterate many models to explore different parameter settings with one call to ENMevaluate(). Please check it out. We have a vignette too.

P.S. Both "dismo" and "ENMeval" should work with 3.4.

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate
City College of NYC