An introduction to ArcGIS and MaxEnt

Oliver Burdekin

Apr 1, 2015, 8:12:33 AM4/1/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm running another ArcGIS and MaxEnt course in London on April 27th. The course is face to face and not available online. I'm still working on converting it. I'm constantly refining my courses so I've made a few tweaks, not least to fit into the 1 day timescale. Both ArcGIS and MaxEnt could easily fill a semester each. But this course will equip you with the tools you need to use both programs effectively.

For more details please see the link below:

http://www.burdgis.com/training/view/2015/4/27/arcgis-and-maxent/

I have a number of other courses available and am happy to travel to you so please get in touch if you'd like to request a course.

Thanks for reading and you can post any questions you might have here, or contact me through the website.

kaky

May 18, 2015, 5:54:23 AM5/18/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Oliver
please do you have another course on GIS and maxent in the future, because i want to attend on of them.

Regards

emad

Oliver Burdekin

May 20, 2015, 5:39:26 PM5/20/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emad,

Thanks for your message. I will be running courses in the future. I have one planned for May 29th in London, UK. You can see more details here:

http://www.burdgis.com/training/view/2015/5/29/arcgis-and-maxent/

If you cannot make it to London I also offer one on one tuition via Skype.

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Oliver

photo
Oliver Burdekin
Spatial Analyst, burdGIS

Please like our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/burdgis

Gilbert Adum Baase

May 28, 2015, 9:54:46 PM5/28/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear Oliver,
Do you have any course planned for Berlin anytime soon?

Thank you.

Gilbert
Berlin

Oliver Burdekin

May 29, 2015, 5:35:49 AM5/29/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gilbert,

thanks for getting back to me. At present I have no plans for courses in Berlin. However, I would be very open to the idea of coming over to teach a course. I would need a minimum of 6 people to make it viable. Do you have any colleagues who might be interested in taking a course as well?

All the best and I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Oliver

Please like our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/burdgis

photo
Oliver Burdekin
Spatial Analyst, burdGIS

Gilbert Adum Baase

May 29, 2015, 5:44:20 AM5/29/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello Oliver,
This really seems like a cool plan. I will talk to some of my colleagues about it. Like me there are many others who prefer face-to-face lectures.

I will be in touch again.

Oliver Burdekin

May 29, 2015, 5:56:06 AM5/29/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Good to hear Gilbert. I have course materials for anywhere from 1 to 5 days focussing on ArcGIS. The MaxEnt addition is 1 day. I also have more advanced features of ArcGIS such as geodatabases, Spatial Analyst and Model Builder. So if you let me know your needs I can tailor the course to them.

Just to let you know I will be in Central America from June 5th to August 7th this year (contracts in Honduras and Mexico) but after that I'm relatively free.

Let me know of any further info you would like and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,

Oliver