Select better bioclimatic variables for maxent modeling

Jose M. Garcia Pena

Sep 22, 2015, 4:16:10 PM9/22/15
to Maxent
How I can do the multicollinearity test was conducted by using Pearson Correlation Coefficient (r) to examine the cross-correlation and the bioclimatic variables with cross-correlation coefficient in order to select the better??

Thanks

Jamie M. Kass

Sep 25, 2015, 11:33:03 PM9/25/15
to Maxent
Using some functions in R will do the trick. You need to first load your rasters into R in a rasterStack. There's a nice function in the package usdm called vif(). There's also layerStats() in the raster package. And I'm sure there are many more.

Jamie Kass
PhD student
City College, NYC