Maxent Prediction Image Legends

Robert Pace

Dec 31, 2016, 3:02:39 PM12/31/16
to Maxent
Hi all,

I have ran my maxent model, generated my .ASC files, imported those .ASC into ArcGIS, added county boundaries and labels.

I would now like to use a symbology (within ArcGIS) for the raster data that produces comparable look to the prediction images demonstrated in the HTML generated with Maxent.

've tried using "Stretched", and "Classified" with different breaks (and classification methods) to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jamie M. Kass

Jan 1, 2017, 10:18:53 AM1/1/17
to Maxent
In ArcGIS, one way to force the symbology to use specifed max and min is to choose the min/max option for raster interpolation. You can uncheck the auto-generated max and min and choose your own -- this way, you can set the max to 1 (is this the same as the html images?).

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate
City College, NYC

Lauren Yee

Jan 3, 2017, 5:22:38 PM1/3/17
to Maxent
In addition to Jamie's suggestions, I've been using the R package "rasterVis" and their "levelplot" function which works nicely!