maxent error java.awt.HeadlessException

Thaíssa Engel

Sep 3, 2017, 5:29:10 PM9/3/17
to Maxent
Hi...

I'm running some maxent models, and I just spent the whole day doing this and playing around with arguments, making some tests..
Then I got to a good script and runned maxent for all my species using a loop in r.
Everything went just fine. No errors.

But now I'm trying to run again the first species to save the results, and I'm getting the following error:

Error: Problem opening results file
Error in rJava::.jcall(mxe, "S", "fit", c("autorun", "-e", afn, "-o",  :
  java.awt.HeadlessException

I swear to Darwin I didn't change a single comma from last time to this one, I've just runned this a few hours ago, just like this, and now I can't get it to work! After thousands of maxent runs, this is the first time I get this error, and is just for this particular species! I'm strugling with this for a few hours now and have no clue of what is happening!

Anyone has a tip?
Any help is appreciated

Thanks

María José Monteverde Suárez

Nov 21, 2017, 12:22:33 AM11/21/17
to Maxent
Hi Thaíssa!

Did you find out how to solve this error?

I'm having the same issue

Error in rJava::.jcall(mxe, "S", "fit", c("autorun", "-e", afn, "-o",  :
  java.awt.HeadlessException
2017-11-15 10:20:58.377 R[386:9527] Process manager already initialized -- can't fully enable headless mode.
Error: Error reading species file

With a script I've run before and worked well.

Thanks
Majo

Jamie M. Kass

Nov 24, 2017, 2:21:47 PM11/24/17
to Maxent
I’ve found thaf rJava screws up sometimes, and that restarting R and reloading it will do the trick. The error messages are usually of no help to anyone not an expert in Java.

Jamie