Is it possible to use bias file with ENMeval?

Eveliina

Aug 25, 2016, 5:48:21 AM8/25/16
to Maxent
    Hello,

I am in the process of running maxent models for several species. So far I have used MaxentVariableSelection package to determine the model complexity (regularization multiplier), which variables to include in the model and succesfully included a bias file I created. However I am also interested in the package ENMeval as it would allow different options with the evaluations but I have not tried it in practice yet. With the search I have done so far I am not sure if it is possible to include bias file in ENMeval and how this would be done in practice. Does anybody else have experience on this? All I found was this fairly old github issue but I don't know if it was addressed: https://github.com/bobmuscarella/ENMeval/issues/26

Best wishes,
Eveliina

Jamie M. Kass

Sep 16, 2016, 9:06:03 AM9/16/16
to Maxent
Thanks for your interest in ENMeval! You are correct that we thought about some ways to allow users to include bias files in an ENMevaluate() call, but we got stuck because of an issue with the randomPoints() function in the dismo package. I doubt it is a fatal issue, and we could probably work around it if enough users think it's an important feature to add. Could you contribute to the Github issue? It's the best way to continue the conversation and get stuff done. Thanks!

Jamie