Using historic data

Harold Ikerd

Oct 24, 2016, 7:49:52 AM10/24/16
to Maxent
I'm currently modelling native bee occurrences from 1800's to 2015. Unfortunately, most of my recent material from the last 20 years is confined to parks and other "conversations units" in the Western US.

The historic material should help overcome spatial autocorrelation. Should I be concerned with changes in environmental variables over the last 100 years?

Background. This is a large data set looking at over 2500 species with at least 20 unique lat/long locations throughout the US. Using maxent we would like to combine thresholds of these to give a heat map of potential areas of high bee diversity.

Anyway, further information or recommended papers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Harold Ikerd

Lauren Yee

Nov 23, 2016, 2:30:50 PM11/23/16
to Maxent
Yes, definitely.

Jordan DiNardo

Jan 20, 2017, 11:17:23 PM1/20/17
to Maxent
Hi Harold,

I am running into the same questions with developing a model using historical-present presence data and determining how to incorporate changes in environmental variables. Did you find any information or papers that helped you with this issue?

Best,
Jordan