maxent: 700 times batch

cool.a...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 11:17:22 PM1/20/17
to Maxent
Hello,
I need to run maxent on 700 individual species (one continent - 50-1000 occurence points - 19 layers 30 arcsec map data) . What is the fastest implementation currently available?
I use the dismo R package, however it only runs on one processor and it painfully slow.

Greetings,
Andreas

Jamie M. Kass

Jan 25, 2017, 4:34:39 PM1/25/17
to Maxent
It will be faster if you use batch commands for the Maxent software (maxent.jar). The package dismo calls maxent.jar from R, and is thus slower. You can write batch code to run multiple models -- pretty sure there are examples in the classic Maxent tutorial by Stephen Phillips: https://www.cs.princeton.edu/~schapire/maxent/tutorial/tutorial.doc

-Jamie