Colour Scale Change

Anne McKee

Nov 24, 2017, 2:11:23 PM11/24/17
to Maxent

Hello!

I did a quick search of previous posts and couldn't find anything answering my question, so I hope someone will be able to help me. Is there any way to change the colour bar/scale on the output map in the Java program? My output is coming out such that the scale is heavily skewed and makes it seem like there is almost no variation despite the fact that there is variation.

Thanks!

Jacek Stefaniak

Nov 25, 2017, 12:35:17 PM11/25/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can transfer your output file (image) to external GiS program, like ArcGis or QGIS (freeware) and in such program you can manipulate color scale and so on. I java program you can only set different type of scale/output like raw, clog and so on.

Jamie M. Kass

Jan 4, 2018, 3:23:01 AM1/4/18
to Maxent
To clarify, I think Jacek is referring to your model prediction .asc file. You can open this in ArcGIS or QGIS (or any other GIS software), and easily change the color scale.

Jamie Kass
PhD Candidate
City College of NY