What is the recommended future scenario of bioclim data layers for USA

mohamed sallam

Mar 23, 2015, 4:26:51 PM3/23/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Im working on temporal distribution of some mosquito species in response to bioclim and leaf area index (LAI) data layers imported from worldclim and MODIS imagery, respectively, using MaxEnt software. It's not clear in literature what is the best future scenario to be used for USA. Also, im facing a problem with resampling the bioclim with LAI data layers, every time i run maxent it gives me error. So i think it has something to do with resampling, even though both bioclim and LAI pixel sizes are almost 1 Km.
Please help me in that, what is the best future scenario of bioclim data layers for USA? and how can i resample both types of data?
thanks
Mohamed

Alaa Eldeen

Apr 28, 2015, 5:22:41 AM4/28/15
to max...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mohamed,

 Regarding the resampling problem, you can check it when you open the ascii file with any word editor and check the first 6 lines, as they give you an idea about your pixel size,  the dimension of your ascii and also the number of both rows and columns. So you need to be sure that these lines in all input ascii files are consistent.

Cheers

Alaa Eldin Soultan,  B.Sc, MSc.
Wildlife Conservationist,
St Katherine Protectorate,
National parks of Egypt,
Nature Conservation Sector,
Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency, EEAA
Tel-Fax: + 2069- 3470033
Mobil:+201225773922

Ps:  It takes 24 trees to produce 1 ton of office paper! Think… is it really necessary to print this email?