Citng packages and dependencies

Tereza

Apr 7, 2016, 4:56:14 PM4/7/16
to Maxent
Hi,

I have a question that is hopefully relevant to many of us.
I am citing R packages in a manuscript and wonder, whether I should also cite dependent packages.

For example, I am citing dismo but should I also independently cite raster and sp as packages required by dismo?
Similarly, I am citing maptools because I am using their wrld_simpl to plot ENMs but what about rgeos which is a required package for maptools.
And finally, when I use (and cite) ENMeval, do I also cite rJava?

There is probably not a straightforward answer but any insight will be very appreciated.

Thanks, Tereza

Jamie M. Kass

Apr 16, 2016, 9:19:43 AM4/16/16
to Maxent
I have never seen dependencies cited before. I don't think that's commonplace.

-Jamie