Problem with DEM

Dayanara Jacome

May 9, 2018, 9:30:02 AM5/9/18
to max...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

I still have a problem with my DEM, I downloaded the DEM from "NASA Shuttle Radar Topographic Mission (SRTM) at 30m, it had some no data, so I corrected it with the formula "FocalStatistics("DEM",NbrCircle(50,"CELL"),"MEAN"), and every single variable have the same extent same pixel and same coordinate, but still doesn’t read the DEM layer.

Anyone please help!!! :(

Jamie M. Kass

May 11, 2018, 12:01:18 AM5/11/18
to Maxent
Sorry, what exactly are you doing? Are you trying to run Maxent, or something else? Also, what software are you using with that formula? Please restate with some more detail and it will be easier to help. Thanks.

Jamie

Dayanara Jacome

May 11, 2018, 3:19:59 PM5/11/18
to max...@googlegroups.com

I am modeling to see the distribution of the yellow eared parrot; I am trying to run MaxEnt 3.4.1. The formula I used, it was to fill some gaps in the DEM, I used ArcMap 10.5, the calculate raster tool. I already got to run MaxEnt with my 3 variable (temperature, precipitation and topology) with my 10 sample of the parrot.

At first I created a folder where it was meant to save the MaxEnt information, and in that folder I had two other folders, one for my samples and the other for my variable in ascii format, but MaxEnt didn’t run, so I tried everything and I came with the idea to put just in one folder everything my sample and ascii raster together, and it worked!!! :D I am not sure if it makes sense. :/

Thank you so much for your help.

Sorry, what exactly are you doing? Are you trying to run Maxent, or something else? Also, what software are you using with that formula? Please restate with some more detail and it will be easier to help. Thanks.

Jamie

Jamie M. Kass

May 15, 2018, 7:14:24 PM5/15/18
to Maxent
Sorry, but it’s still unclear what your problem is. Did the focal stats fix the DEM by filling in the noData values woth neighborhood averages? If the extents, projections, and resolutions of your rasters are the same, Maxent should run without a problem. Are you saying Maxent didn’t run, or that the results looked funny?

Jamie

Dayanara Jacome

May 16, 2018, 11:24:24 AM5/16/18
to max...@googlegroups.com
At first it didnt run, and everything was fine the extent, the resolution and projection, and all of this information were organized in a folder were I created two folders, one for crv and one for my raster, so I didnt know what was happeind and I dicided to put everything mixed in one folder and it worked, MaxEnt run.

Sorry, but it’s still unclear what your problem is. Did the focal stats fix the DEM by filling in the noData values woth neighborhood averages? If the extents, projections, and resolutions of your rasters are the same, Maxent should run without a problem. Are you saying Maxent didn’t run, or that the results looked funny?

Jamie

Jamie M. Kass

May 17, 2018, 12:12:25 AM5/17/18
to Maxent
Oh okay, sorry if I misread. So it all worked out then. Glad to hear!

Jamie

Dayanara Jacome

May 17, 2018, 3:44:01 PM5/17/18
to max...@googlegroups.com