error code 5

Cata

Aug 9, 2007, 7:22:26 AM8/9/07
to Maxent
My Name is Catalina Arias.
I am Master Student of Ecology and Evolution in the University of
Amsterdam.
Currently I am in a research project where we want to predict
different suitable places for Arnica montana in The Netherlands using
Maxent.
deleted the files of the last version I had and I downloaded the last
version of MaxEnt version 3.0.
My problem is that in maxent.bat it appears:

WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Softwere\JavaSoft\Prefs
at root 0 x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error 5.

This problem will affect my results performance?

Thanks,

Steven Phillips

Aug 9, 2007, 9:23:35 AM8/9/07
to Max...@googlegroups.com
Catalina,

That sounds like a problem either with Java or with Microsoft
Windows. If it's the former, you could try reinstalling the latest
version of java from java.sun.com.

To diagnose your other problem, you could try running on another
computer that doesn't have the Java problem. If you still can't fix
the problem, take a look at the maxent.log file that's produced. The
end of the log file gives more information about the error -- you can
post that error information to this group.

-- Steven

Cata

Aug 9, 2007, 9:36:27 AM8/9/07
to Maxent
Hi,

I saw that you answer about:

WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Softwere\JavaSoft\Prefs
at root 0 x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error 5.

but it didn't appear can you write it again?

My best,

Catalina