Initialization flags not understood: density.MaxEnt

rprieto

Aug 28, 2013, 1:29:20 PM8/28/13
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am trying to run MaxEnt (3.3.3) in batch and for that I created a "Template" model that I used to create a .bat file, by copying the arguments given by the log file (or at the end of the html file). There is one argument that seems to be causing a problem: density.MaxEnt

The arguments given by the log to repeat the model are:

java density.MaxEnt nowarnings noprefixes -E "" -E SEWH responsecurves jackknife outputformat=raw "outputdirectory=D:\DATA\Maxent\BB_project\Models\Summer\with calanus\Betta testing\B3" samplesfile=D:\DATA\Maxent\BB_project\dependent\all_incld_whl_clip_trimdupes_grid.csv environmentallayers=D:\DATA\Maxent\BB_project\explanatory\summer\Standardized noaskoverwrite noremoveduplicates randomtestpoints=33 betamultiplier=3.0 nohinge noextrapolate maximumiterations=5000 -N eastness_standardized -N northness_standardized -N slope_standardized

The problematic flag appears at the beggining of the statement. Does anyone have dealt with the same issue?

best
Rui Prieto

rprieto

Aug 29, 2013, 5:39:28 AM8/29/13
to max...@googlegroups.com
As an update, to work around this issue here is what I've done:

#Copied the arguments to the batchExample.bat file that comes with MaxEnt installation, keeping the first arguments to set the memory used by Java and call in MaxEnt: java -mx2080m -jar maxent.jar;
#Removed the problematic string: java density.MaxEnt

That seemed to work, because MaxEnt started with the correct settings defined by the bat file; finally, I just added the new lines for each MaxEnt run and added the all important autorun string to the end of each line.

the final string is in these lines:

java -mx2080m -jar maxent.jar nowarnings noprefixes -E "" -E SEWH responsecurves jackknife outputformat=raw "outputdirectory=D:\DATA\Maxent\..." samplesfile=D:\DATA\Maxent\... environmentallayers=D:\DATA\Maxent\... noaskoverwrite noremoveduplicates randomtestpoints=33 betamultiplier=1.0 nohinge noextrapolate maximumiterations=5000 -N eastness_standardized -N northness_standardized -N slope_standardized autorun

RP

Darin Kopp

Feb 10, 2015, 11:21:10 AM2/10/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi,  having trouble getting subsequent Maxent models to run...  Can you post the string for the "new lines for each maxent run"?  I think just the secnd iteration (model run) would be sufficient... Right now i can only get the model in the first line to run but have 80 lines listed in the bat file - I'm trying to figure out if im missing something obvious.

Thanks!