Pre-1950 Bioclim data

Matt

Mar 16, 2016, 9:16:32 AM3/16/16
to Maxent
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a sources for high-resolution climate data (Bioclim) for time periods prior to 1950? I am try to measure the change in ecological niche space for a native North American species (I have occurrences from 1900-current, ~1000 occurrences) following the introduction of an invasive species (I have occurrences from 1980-current, ~1000 occurrences) that occupies a similar geographic range. I  would like to account for changes in climate that have occurred during this time. I have been using the Worldclim data averaged from 1950-2000 and have found an interesting niche shift in the native species that decreases niche overlap with the invasive species, but I don't think my approach is valid because 1) my occurrences are from before 1950 and 2) my approach isn't accounting for change in climate from 1900-current.

I was going to construct the set of 19 bioclimatic variable from the PRISM data for 30 yr intervals from 1900-current, but this data lacks information from Canada, which I need. So does anyone have any insight into alternative datasets?

Any help would be appreciated!

Best,

Matt

Francisco Rodriguez Sanchez

Mar 17, 2016, 8:01:51 AM3/17/16
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

There are several global climate datasets that cover that period (e.g. CRU TS, GISTEMP, see https://climatedataguide.ucar.edu/). But they provide raw climate variables (monthly precipitation & temperature) - you will have to calculate bioclim variables from them

Good luck

Paco

Dr Francisco Rodriguez-Sanchez
Integrative Ecology Group
Estacion Biologica de Doñana - CSIC
Avda. Americo Vespucio s/n
41092 Sevilla (Spain)
http://bit.ly/frod_san

Fateme Falah

Mar 18, 2016, 6:50:22 AM3/18/16
to Maxent
hi all
how can i accsess makent software?

در چهارشنبه 16 مارس 2016، ساعت 16:46:32 (UTC+3:30)، Matt نوشته:

Angela P. Cuervo-Robayo

Mar 18, 2016, 9:41:12 AM3/18/16
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Chack this webpage http://ecoclimate.org/about/

Best,

Angela
Angela P. Cuervo-Robayo
CONABIO e Instituto de Biología, UNAM
Tercer circuito ext. s/n Ciudad Universitaria.
México, D.F
CP. 04510

Teléfono: (52) 5622-8222 ext: 47880
Skype: angela.cuervo

Matt

Mar 22, 2016, 7:53:23 AM3/22/16
to Maxent
Thanks Paco,

I will have to do some work with this but I should be able to get what I need. I appreciate the help!

Best,

Matt

Matt

Mar 22, 2016, 7:53:52 AM3/22/16
to Maxent
Thanks Angela, I will check this out.

Best,

Matt

Shaheer Khan

Jun 22, 2016, 9:53:10 AM6/22/16
to Maxent
Hi All,
I need a bioclimatic data from 1900 to 1950. I need tiff fle to be use in some model. Where can i find?

Shaheer Khan

Jun 22, 2016, 9:53:13 AM6/22/16
to Maxent
hi Matt,

while trying to download data of historical time period from ecoClimate.org site. the problem is that there are 3 files namely past, present and future so can anyone tell what does it means and which data i need to download.

second those files are in BIL format and when i am openig the files in ArcGIS the error shows that you can only open the files in this but cannot reproject.
Please help me in sorting these problem.

P.S. sorry for bad english