Basic questioreagrding running MaxEnt with nle cvs files or ASCII files

Marjolaine Caillat

Aug 5, 2017, 10:19:57 PM8/5/17
to Maxent
Good morning,

I'm getting confuse with MAxEnt and the input data and the difference between running it with only.cvs data or with.cvs (for sp) and .acs for environmental data.

Question1:
In term of efficiency or stability is one format of the environmental layer better than the other?

Question2:
If I run MaxEnt with .acs environmental data, does it matter if my species.csv file contains environmental data for each sighting?

Question3:
If I run MaxEent with .csv environmental data, does it matter if my species.csv file contains or not environmental data for each sighting?

Question4:
When I run MaxEntwith only .csv file, how can I map the result?

thanks for your help,

Marjolaine

Jamie M. Kass

Aug 25, 2017, 5:55:24 AM8/25/17
to Maxent
Q1:
Nope, no difference. But if you had predictor values at different time periods for each point, for example, SWD is the only format you could use.

Q2 and Q3:
With SWD, you need a table of coordinates and predictor values. For asc input, you just need coordinates.

Q4:
If using maxent.jar, simply check the appropriatrle settings box and you will get an image of the prediction in the output html file. Maxent should also make a prediction asc file for you.

Jamie

shehzana baig

Aug 25, 2017, 6:41:26 AM8/25/17
to max...@googlegroups.com
i am having in conversion of the file from ASC to raster... it gives error ..