Maxent output overlay with deforestation layer in QGIS

J Tan

Jan 26, 2015, 6:06:47 PM1/26/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a species niche distribution model output .asc that I want to overlay with the Hansen deforestation dataset in QGIS to show the extent of current habitat but I am not sure what functions I need in order to perform this analysis. Do I need to convert these rasters to vectors in order to do this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jordan M

Jan 28, 2015, 12:14:58 PM1/28/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in an answer to this also. I will have to do it somewhere down the road.

Nayana Wijetilaka

Mar 27, 2015, 1:04:51 AM3/27/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am also interested. Just downloaded the hansen.tif file.
Can we use this as an input layer to maxent with other envt. layers.
or use it to clip the model.
What would be the best option.

Gururaja K. V.

Mar 27, 2015, 11:16:08 AM3/27/15
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tan,
There is no need to convert any layer. You can do analysis using raster calculator. To visualize, bring both layers (.tiff and .asc raster layers) in QGIS and play with raster calculator.

Hope this helps

with best wishes
Guru

Gururaja KV, Ph.D.