About geographic dimensions

Nikhil Modak

Nov 20, 2015, 9:51:28 PM11/20/15
to Maxent
Hi all, I am trying to predict a model for two species (one at a time) using bioclim, altitude and NDVI data. My NDVI layers were not of same dimension with that of the bioclim and altitude layers. I clipped NDVI files with QGIS to fit the dimension of these layers. Now they are getting nicely stacked and giving a prediction model in DiVA. However, when I tried to use the same layers they did not work in Maxent giving the error that their geographical dimension is not matching. I am unable to understand this problem. Could anyone please help me out with this?

Awaiting reply,

Nikhil

Jamie M. Kass

Nov 21, 2015, 7:02:36 AM11/21/15
to Maxent
Not sure what you mean here: you're probably talking about the extent if the layer and not the resolution? I think Maxent wants the data to be in the same resolution (cell size), and thus one way to get around this is to coarsen the highest res data you have to match the lowest res data. Example: if your NDVI is 250 m and the bioclim is 1 km, resample the NDVI to 1 km. Usually upscaling like this is recommended because your analysis is only as good as your coarsest data. Give this a shot.

Jamie Kass
PhD Student
City College, NYC