Calculating range shifts in various climate change scenarios - available tools?

Jessica Beckham

Nov 14, 2016, 7:22:31 AM11/14/16
to Maxent
Hello Friends,

I am modeling the current and potential future distributions of various North American bees. I have produced these distributions using Maxent and have also classified the habitat suitability into three categories (i.e., most suitable, somewhat suitable, not suitable).

I would like to calculate
1) the difference in amount (area) of most suitable habitat between current and future scenarios, and
2) the shift of species distributions across space (in terms of latitude / longitude)

I am performing my analyses in ArcMap 10.2.2.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest toolboxes that are useful to do this for ArcMap? Or otherwise suggest methodology?

Thank you in advance,

Jessica Beckham
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of North Texas
Institute of Applied Science

Sanjo Jose

Nov 14, 2016, 10:59:36 AM11/14/16
to max...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jessica,
The SDM toolbox can help you out.

Sanjo Jose V,
Academy of Climate Change Education and Research,
Kerala Agricultural University,
Thrissur, Kerala,
India-680656.

User_Guide_SDMtoolbox.pdf

Jessica Beckham

Nov 15, 2016, 9:33:36 AM11/15/16
to Maxent
Hi Sanjo,

Thanks so much! I have SDM toolbox for other purposes, but was having trouble with their range shift tool. I am hoping this user guide that you provided will clear it up.

Cheers,
Jessica